Connection problems may be caused by multiple issues:
- Please take into consideration that due to our overwhelming success with the IMesh release, we sometimes undergo server upgrades and you may encounter some connectivity problems. Therefore, please try shutting down the program completely ( Menu -> File -> Exit ), and try reconnecting in approximately one hour. Here's a short list of other things that may help you work through this if the above did not work:
- If you are behind a corporate firewall, check with your System Administrator that the ports used by IMesh for communication are not blocked for outgoing connection. The port numbers are the following: Port 1863, port 80 and port 443.
- If you are using a local firewall software (such as the built in firewall in Windows XP and Windows Vista, Norton Firewall etc) make sure that the port is not blocked.
- If you are using Windows XP or higher Windows version, you might be blocked by a built-in firewall
- Windows XP SP3: Go to 'Start > Settings > Windows Firewall' and select the 'Exceptions' tab. Make sure that IMesh is in the exceptions list and add it if it's not.
- Windows Vista: Go to 'Start > Settings > Windows Firewall' and click on the “Allow a program through Windows Firewall” link in the left blue pane. Select the 'Exceptions' tab and Make sure that IMesh is in the exceptions list and add it if it's not.
- Windows 7: Go to 'Start > Control Panel > Windows Firewall' (view by 'Large icons' or 'Small icons'). Click on the 'Allow a program through Windows Firewall' link in the left blue pane. Make sure that IMesh is in the exceptions list and add it if it's not.
- If you are using anti-Spyware, or anti-virus software, please confirm that the permissions for IMesh are set accordingly.
- Make sure that your system requirements are met. Especially WMP 11+ and IE 8 should be installed on your computer. Also, if running Windows XP, please make sure that you do have service pack 3 installed. You may confirm this by selecting "right click" on "My Computer" and then select "properties" from the menu list. See system requirements settings for additional help on this topic.
- Also, please check your proxy setting in IMesh by clicking on 'preferences'. This is the little wrench icon at the top right of IMesh.
Then select "connections" and then "proxy settings".
Make sure that the first box "I am using..." is not checked.
- To insure a stable connection, make sure that your Internet connection is a direct cable and not Wi-Fi / wireless. If you are using a dial up connection, a USB modem stick, or low bandwidth ADSL modem, this will hinder the stability of the connection.
- Make sure that there is not another program running in the background which may be conflicting with your available bandwidth, or processing speed.
- Please shut down the program completely ( Menu -> File -> Exit ), then delete all the Temporary internet files and cookies (Open Internet Explorer. In the top menu, press “Tools”, then press “Internet Options”). Close your Internet Explorer and re-open IMesh.
See our troubleshooter for additional troubleshooting tips.